Apple provides cloud storage which is known as iCloud and now iCloud drive. iCloud Drive is the upgraded version although not everyone needs to have it. Now for every iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users, Apple offers 15 GB free iCloud storage. This 15 GB cloud storage is good for saving your contacts, calendar, messages. However in retrospect, 15 GB is not enough for storing all your files like images and videos. You would have to manage your storage so that you do not run out of space on iCloud. You can always upgrade your iCloud storage plans if you feel like 15 GB cloud storage space is not enough. Those plans are however with a price and you will be charged to your credit card for their monthly fee.
What Are the Available iCloud Storage Plans:
- They offer 50 GB, 200 GB and 1 TB which are all paid iCloud storage.
- The 50 GB iCloud storage cost is $0.99 per month.
- The 200 GB iCloud storage plan will cost $2.99 per month.
- The 1 TB cloud storage will cost $9.99 per month.
- Previously, there were four paid iCloud storage plans.
- However, the 500 GB cloud storage plan was shelved because it was not popular.
- The above given iCloud storage pricings are of the US.
- If you do not belong in the US, you can see the link here for local prices.
- If your country is not listed in the 26 countries, you will be charged in U.S. dollars.
- Countries that lie in the Eurozone will be charged in Euros.
- If you are in Iceland, your upgraded iCloud storage plans will be slightly higher.
- This is because of the Value Added Tax (VAT) law that exists.
- You can also use iTunes Store Credit to pay for your charges.
- So make sure, you have enough credit if not you will be charged,
- All charges will be made to your Credit cards or Debit cards.
- You cannot however use your Apple Gift card to pay for your charges,
As a paid iCloud storage plans user, you can also choose to pay annually. You can use your iCloud account on your Apple devices, Mac or Windows to easily upgrade. Make sure you provide the correct credit card or debit card details when upgrading.