iCloud Keychain is Apple’s password management. You can store passwords, account names and credit card numbers and other information with that. Those information will get stored to the iCloud.com server. You can use it for devices with iOS 7 & above and Mac with OS X Mavericks & above. Just like iCloud features, you can get it synced on all devices with the same account. When used with Safari, it will also help to create strong passwords for new accounts. You can use this feature for free on all your iOS device and Mac. It can also be accessed through the iCloud.com webpage.
How To Setup (Enable) iCloud Keychain on iPhone or iPad:
Make sure you have an iCloud account already set up on your phone. You can refer to our iCloud Sign Up article for help. Once, that is ready, read on the steps below.
- Launch the Setting Apps on your device. This is most likely on your Home screen.
- Tap on the iCloud icon to open its Menu.
- Scroll a bit to the bottom and tap on Keychain when you see it.
- Toggle the iCloud Keychain switch On. The blue colour is the On indication.
- Tap on Use iCloud Security Code. You will be prompted to set a new iCloud Security Code.
- This code will be different from your phone’s passcode if you have one.
- Then, you will be asked to type in your Apple ID’s password. This is to allow your device to use this feature.
You can now save username and passwords of the websites you use. You can also save your Credit card details. This feature will also let you autofill on forms with information you store about yourself. It can also be setup for Mac Computers and laptops having OS X Maverick & above.
How To Setup iCloud Keychain on Mac?
- Open the Apple Menu.
- Go to System Preferences and then click on iCloud.
- Select Keychain and switch it On.
- Set a passcode to it. You will need to enter the Passcode every time your Mac sleeps.
- You will then need to type in your Apple ID and Passcode.
You can also now be able to access the username and passwords, credit cards details and autofill settings across the synced devices. New information from the Mac will also get stored and synced to the iCloud server.
To Access the Keychain from the iCloud.com Server:
- Go to www.icloud.com from your web browser.
- The iCloud login option will be on your homepage.
- Type in your email address and password.
- Hit the Enter key.
- You will get logged in if your iCloud login details are correct.
- Click on Keychain when you get logged in.
You will be able to access all your stored information from all your synced devices. Hence, do not give away your iCloud login details to anyone. Sensitive information like credit card details can get leaked. Please leave us a feedback in the Comments section below.