iCloud Email is a service provided by Apple Inc for all iCloud users. You can easily set up an iCloud email account when setting up iCloud accessibility. This email account can be made during or after your iCloud account creation. iCloud Email setup is not really necessary as iCloud mail can be easily accessed on a web browser. Configuring and setting up iCloud mail can let you access your email on various platforms. You would need to manually proceed with this iCloud email setup which the steps are given below.
iCloud Email Setup on Email Clients:
- Make sure your iCloud email account is valid and working.
- This iCloud email setup can work for Windows, Android, Blackberry, etc.
- Either run or launch the mail app; for Windows, you can run Outlook.
- Select ‘Add a new account’ by clicking on the option when it appears.
- Type in the following IMAP sever name: imap.mail.me.com.
- You would then need to Toggle the SSL encryption to On or Yes.
- If you get an error when using SSL encryption, you can use TLS instead.
- The Port No. you will need to set to is 993 and move on to the next step.
- When entering an email address, use your username with @me.com instead.
- For instance, if your username is iclouduser76, it will be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Then, enter your password which you have to remember is case sensitive.
- For STMP server name, enter : smtp.mail.me.com in the field provided.
- Again, Toggle the SSL encryption to Yes or On in the next step.
- If SSL encryption fails, you can use TLS or STARTTLS instead.
- Set the Port No. to 587 and set the Authentication Required to Yes.
- Again, using only your username, type in email address with an @me.com.
- Enter your iCloud account’s password in this step.
- Then, your iCloud email setup is finished with the above server settings.
- Please note that you cannot configure to POP settings with iCloud email setup.
For iCloud email setup on Windows, you need to use Outlook 2010 or later. For Mac setup, you will need to use OS X Lion v10.7.4 or later. You can employ the use of iCloud or iCloud Drive application on Windows to check your iCloud Email. You can also use the website – icloud.com to check your iCloud mail. For instructions on how, you can refer to our ‘How To Check iCloud Email‘. For other information, please stay updated to our sites or refer to our older articles.