Users using Apple devices like iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch probably uses the cloud storage – iCloud. This cloud storage system lets users upload, sync and edit their media files stored on the cloud server. iCloud Drive happens to be the updated version of iCloud ever since the introduction of iOS 8. iCloud Drive works in the idea of cloud computing and one must create an iCloud account to use it. You can also store your iWork files online and access them anywhere with an internet connection. You can also use its desktop application on various platforms like Mac and Windows.
What is iCloud Drive ?
- This is a cloud storage system provided by Apple Inc for iOS users.
- You can create a free account if you use either iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- You can save media files like photos, music, videos, ebooks, etc on iCloud.com.
- Users can usually get a 15 GB free cloud storage which they can upgrade anytime.
- The other storage plans are: 50 GB ($0.99), 200 GB ($2.99), or 1 TB ($9.99).
- You can also edit or delete stored files from any of your synced device.
How To Setup and Use iCloud Drive on Various Platforms (iCloud Drive):
- For iOS Devices like iPhone, IPad & iPod Touch:
- Make sure your compatible iOS device is running iOS 8 & above.
- You should then launch the Settings app on your dervice.
- Tap on iCloud once the Settings page load on your screen.
- Tap iCloud Drive and choose to Upgrade iCloud Drive by tapping on its option.
- Upgrading the system takes some time, so make sure your battery does not run out.
- Toggle On to start using, make sure other synced devices are also compatible.
- For Desktop users – Mac & Windows:
- For Mac users, you must be using OS X Yosemite & above.
- Lanuch the Apple Menu and select System Perferences from there.
- Then, select iCloud, sign in and choose to Upgrade to iCloud Drive.
- You can also setup and use it on PC by also choosing to upgrade to iCloud Drive.
- Do so by first signing in to the iCloud app and upgrade it.
- From the Webpage:
- When you have done setting it up on your devices, go to the website.
- Sign in to www.icloud.com with your iCloud login on the webpage.
- You should either select Pages, Keynotes or Numbers once logged in.
- You will be asked whether you want to upgrade or choose Yes.
Please remember that once you upgrade to iCloud Drive, you cannot roll back to using iCloud. So, please make sure all your synced devices can support the upgraded version of iCloud.