iCloud is a cloud storage provided by Apple Inc for their consumers of their products. In an attempt to attract more customers, iCloud offers free iCloud account. This is an incentive they are carrying out so that users of Android will get entice by using iCloud. A free iCloud Account will however only let you use Pages, Numbers and Keynote. You will also only get 1 GB of cloud storage unlike the usual 5 GB cloud storage provided. That iCloud account is also free to create but that iCloud account will require you to be an Apple device user. The sign up steps for your free iCloud account will be transcribed below.
How To Sign Up for a Free iCloud Account Without Apple Device?
- In your web browser, go to the web address – www.icloud.com.
- If you have never used the icloud.com website, a banner for sign up will appear.
- This banner will appear on the top of the screen, above the Login option.
- Or you can simply click the link ‘Don’t have an Apple ID? Create yours now‘.
- Both options will cause an iCloud sign-up form to appear right on the Homepage.
- Enter your email address in the top empty field, for e.g. email@example.com.
- Type in the same password twice in both fields of at least eight characters.
- Your iCloud password must contain at one Upper or Lower case letter or one digit.
- Type in your First and Last names next, and your birthday (mm/dd/yy).
- You will be asked to answer three Security Questions in case you forget your password.
- Since these questions are on a drag down list, select each question as you please.
- Make sure you answer those questions with a suitable answer to remember better.
- Choose the country you are in at the moment of iCloud sign up.
- Tick or Untick the boxes next to those three options to receive emails from Apple.
- You will be given an image which then you need to enter the code in the field provided.
- If you are visually impaired, you can click on “Vision Impaired” link and listen to the code.
- Then, on the bottom of the Sign Up form, click on the Continue Option.
Now, you are set up to start using your free iCloud account. Remember you can only use this iCloud account on the website. You cannot use it on iTunes or the iCloud desktop application to save info. For details on how to sign up for iCloud on Apple Device, please refer to our other article.